Today we will gonna discuss about first impression on fresh install of Oracle Clusterware 12cR2 (for database, you could found some considerations here).
I install on new Oracle Linux 6.9 on Virtualbox 5.1.18 and I observe some points:
- Like database install, the grid software has only one file to download (take care with uncompress the zip file. You need to uncompress on the location that you need to use the cluster software).
- Oracle has added 2 diskgroups types (in 11gR2 its doesn’t are present): Flex and Extended (more information you could found here).
- Pay attention with pre-requisites and space: at least, almost 40 GB was necessary for grid diskgroup if you have less than 4 nodes clusterware.
- Gavin Soorma has upgrade a 12R1 Cluster. If you are planning to upgrade your cluster, consider to read this post
- I install with old way Oracle ASMLIB for test purposes and it’s works! 🙂
- If you install on graphical mode be aware in unzip the cluster software where ORACLE_HOME grid software resides because you can not change the location of install home, as you could see below:
So, I’ll perform more tests in this test cluster. So, if you are planning to construct your own test cluster, i recommend: